Saugatuck Antique Pavilion features:
• Open 7 days a week, 10 am to 6 pm (Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter)
• The entire store is climate controlled.
• We are conveniently located ½ mile off of the Saugatuck exit on Highway 196, on the main drive to Saugatuck, (a nationally known tourist destination), centrally located for any Southwestern Michigan vacationers.
• Large advertising budget with strategically placed billboards to attract customer traffic.
• Professionally designed user-friendly website: www.SaugatuckAntiquePavilion.com
• Attractive locked glass cases for display of small merchandise such as jewelry, porcelain and glassware.
• A state-of-the-art ADT security monitoring system that monitors activity 24/7, as well as a professional staff monitoring all activity.
• Strict rules and regulations control merchandise type and quality to protect dealers.
Why should I become a merchant at Saugatuck Antique Pavilion?
There are many excellent reasons to become a Saugatuck Antique Pavilion merchant. Here are just a few:
• To create extra income
• To supplement an income
• To sell items that are no longer used — if it’s just collecting dust, make money on it instead!
• To get rid of that storage unit fee — why store when you can sell?
• We can help you to downsize
• An ideal way to liquidate an estate or collection!
• If you’re unable to get out and about, it’s a great way to sell — you can check your sales online!
• Why pay rent and overhead for a retail location and pay employees to sell your items, when we can do all that for you?
• Mall-wide state-of-the-art surveillance system
• Lots of advertising $$$ spent for the benefit of our merchants!
Saugatuck Antique Pavilion is a one-level, climate-controlled and secure setting. Our professional staff is always ready to help you with your needs. You can check your sales nightly, using our Internet-based service provided complementary with your merchant account. Why not become a Saugatuck Antique Pavilion merchant, and start reaping the benefits today!
Booth and Showcase Information
Owning a Booth–
Size: Varies from 36-130 sq ft.
Rent: $1.75 per ft. per month
Owning a Showcase–
Size: 4, 5 & 6 ft. cases
Rent:Varies based on location & size
Rules and Guidelines
In order to make sure we maintain and improve our good reputation and sales, it is important that we follow certain guidelines on the merchandise we offer and have a means of enforcing these guidelines. We recognize that the term “antique” is more broadly interpreted by most people to include certain collectible items.
The following descriptions of acceptable merchandise cannot be all-inclusive to cover every situation. We will give guidance for deciding what will be considered acceptable.
1. There are a lot of deceptive reproductions in the market. These are not acceptable. If in doubt, when possible, try to give an approximate date or period your merchandise was made in your descriptions.
2. Even on your original antiques, when possible, try to give an approximate date or period your merchandise was made in your descriptions.
3. Any item that has a defect that would affect the value must be noted in your description. Either a specific description of the defect or marked “as is”. Mechanical or electrical items that do not work must be noted.
4. While we don’t permit craft items, certain new items used to properly display an acceptable antique are permitted, but they must be properly identified as such, if not obvious.
a. Seasonal decorations on antiques
b. New frame for an antique painting or sampler
c. New print in an acceptable antique frame
d. New shade on an antique lamp
e. Upholstered antique stool or chair
5. For furniture and related items, please identify modifications or alterations.
a. Replaced or new pulls
b. Lost some height
c. Replaced table top
d. Recent repaint
e. Describe marriages of pieces of furniture
6. We will not allow any “made up” pieces, except in our “Green Room”, i.e., old wood used to construct a new piece, re-tasking, original art and/or modified items.
7. New Merchandise. Those items that are compatible with any antique shop such as price guides and books on antiques, hardware, lamp parts, or refinishing material are restricted to specific dealers who have prior approval by management. Reproductions that are at least 20 years old are acceptable but must be marked as reproductions with an approximate date of manufacture.
1. Items that do not have a price cannot be sold. Management will put a tag on the unmarked item saying “NO PRICE” and either put the piece back in the dealer’s booth, case or dealer break room.
2. Items that have a price but no dealer number will be sold. However, they will be sold under dealer #500 for that purpose. Please check sales online or in the dealer break room to see if you may have had an unmarked item sold.
3. We realize that customers sometimes pick up tags as a reminder to themselves, so please double-check your merchandise when you come in to restock.
4. We do not allow tags that read “sale” or “price reduced” unless prior approval is given by management.
5. If you are in the mall and change a price for a customer, please initial the tag and let someone at the front counter know that you lowered the price. If the customer decides not to take the item, a new tag must be made. Please do not use white-out.
6. For everyone’s protection, all dealers must use uniform tags, available at the mall. You must have your Dealer Number and the price on the same side of the tag. If you display at another shop, make sure you have the correct dealer number on your tag. Any “stick-on tags must be EZ Peel-Off tags, since the desk removes all tags when a sale is made.
Saugatuck Antique Pavilion Fire Code
The Saugatuck Antique Pavilion policy on electrical cords for lamps, ceiling lights & appliances is; the wire must be a direct plug into the wall socket or into a surge protector with NO connectors or clamps and for sure NO tape of any kind holding the wiring together. NO extension cords, of any kind, are allowed. And, no surge protectors can be connected, or “GFI”, or power strips with a circuit breaker. First violation is a warning with any future violation resulting in a $50.00 charge to your monthly print out per violation.
Closing out a Booth or Showcase
1. Spaces are rented out on a month to month basis. If you plan to close out your space, please let management know before the end of the month so that proper arrangements can be made. We require at least a 30 day notice, with move out being the end of the “NEXT” calendar month.
Other Odds & Ends
1. Please do not ask the desk or manager to tell you what you have sold. That information is available every night online or the next morning in the dealer break room.
2. Saugatuck Antique Pavilion will pay dealers once a month. You may pick up your checks on the 6th of every month in the dealer break room. If you would like your checks mailed, please provide a self-addressed, stamped, business size envelope and put it in your personal mailbox in the dealer break room.
3. Please keep your booth clean, dusted and arranged neatly so customers can see and reach merchandise easily. Also, please remember to rotate your merchandise frequently as this keeps it looking fresh and interesting.
4. Management may also remove any unacceptable or misrepresented item or give you a notice attached to your check stating that the item is not acceptable. The dealer involved may question the decision by providing evidence that the item does meet the guidelines. Management will make the final decision on any disputed situations.